KTH Royal Institute of Technology,
School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science,
Division of Decision and Control Systems,
Malvinas väg 10, 7th floor,
SE-100 44 Stockholm, Sweden.
I am currently a post-doctoral researcher at KTH Royal Institue of Technology, Division of Decision and Control Systems.
Before moving to Sweden, I was a FCT post-doctoral researcher in the Inteligent Robots and Systems group, Institute for Systems and Robotics (LARSyS),Lisbon, and an Invited Assistant Professor at the Instituto Superior Técnico (ECE and CS&E), University of Lisbon, Portugal.
I got the MSc and PhD degrees in Electrical and Computer Engineering, from the Faculty of Sciences and Technology, University of Coimbra, Portugal (2008 and 2013 respectively), under the supervision of Prof. Helder Araujo.
I am a member of The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE).
My main current research topics are: 3D computer vision, robot vision, active vision.
- Paper accepted in the IEEE/CVF Conf. Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR): Minimal Solvers for Mini-Loop Closures in 3D Multi-Scan Alignment [link];
- Paper accepted in the American Control Conference (ACC): Active Estimation of 3D Lines in Spherical Coordinates [link];
- Two papers accepted in the IEEE Int'l Conf. Robotics and Automation (ICRA):
1) POSEAMM: A Unified Framework for Solving Pose Problems using an Alternating Minimization Method [link], and
2) OmniDRL: Robust Pedestrian Detection using Deep Reinforcement Learning on Omnidirectional Cameras [link,video];
- Paper accepted in the Elsevier Robotics and Autonomous Systems Journal (RAS): Efficient and Robust Pedestrian Detection using Deep Learning for Human-Aware Navigation [link,video];
- Paper accepted in the European Conf. Computer Vision (ECCV): A Minimal Closed-Form Solution for Multi-Perspective Pose Estimation using Points and Lines, [link,project,video];
- I will join the KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, as a PostDoctoral Researcher;
- Paper in IEEE/RSJ Int'l Conf. Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS): Active Structure-from-Motion for 3D Straight Lines [link,video];
- Paper accepted in the IEEE/CVF Conf. Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR): Analytical Modeling of Vanishing Points and Curves in Catadioptric Cameras [link,project];
- Paper in IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters (RA-L) and IEEE Int'l Conf. Robotics and Automation (ICRA): Increasing robustness of vision-based localization using potential fields [link];
- Journal paper in Elsevier Optics and Lasers in Engineering (OLEN): Generic distortion model for metrology under optical microscopes [link].
- Computer Graphics (CS&E/IST);
- Algorithms & Data Structures (ECE/IST); and
- Automatic Control (ECE/IST).
- Tiago Dias (CS&E/IST), 3D Vision and Computer Graphics with Jacinto C. Nascimento;
- André Mateus (ECE/IST), 3D Vision and Visual Servoing with Pedro U. Lima;
- G. Dias Pais (ECE/IST), 3D Vision and Deep Learning;
- João Campos (ECE/IST), Camera Pose Estimation;
- Francisco Eiras (ECE/IST), Vanishing Points;
- Rômulo Rodrigues (ECE/IST), Robot Vision;
- José Iglesias (ECE/IST), Omnidirectional Cameras;
- G. Dias Pais (ECE/IST), OmniDRL: Robust PD using omnidirectional cameras and deep RL, with Jacinto C. Nascimento;
- Soraia Ferreira (ECE/IST), Mobile Arm Visual Servoing for Object Manipulation, with Rodrigo Ventura;
- José Mendes (ECE/IST), Forensic use of Mobile Phone Cameras: Measuring the Height of a Person, with José Gaspar;
- Luis Luz (ECE/IST), Cooperative Perception for People Tracking and Human-Aware Navigation, with Rodrigo Venura;
- Diogo Maximino (ECE/IST), Improvement of Non-Central Catadioptric Cameras Pose Estimation Using 3D Lines, with Rodrigo Ventura;
- João O'Neill (ECE/IST), Semantic Maps for Domestic Robots, with Rodrigo Ventura;
- António Ribeiro (ECE/UC), "Odometria Visual usando campos visuais não sobrepostos", with Helder Araujo;
- Tiago Dias (ECE/UC), Augmented Reality using Non-Central Catadioptric Imaging Devices, with Nuno Gonçalves.
Division of Decision and Control Systems
KTH Royal Institute of Technology