I am an Associate Professor with the School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Division of Electronics and Embedded Systems, KTH, Sweden. I am also an Adjunct professor at University of Turku, Finland.
I received my PhD from University of Turku, Finland with honors in 2013. I have also received my MBA jointly from Turku School of Economics and European Institute of Innovation & Technology (EIT) ICT Labs in 2015. I joined KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden as a Marie-Curie Postdoctoral fellow in 2014. Currently, I am leading some projects at KTH and (co) supervising several M.Sc. and Ph.D. students. My main areas of interest include Systems-on-Chip, Interconnection Netwroks, Near-Memory Processing, and Machine Learning Accelerators.
MY PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES:
* Special session chair: NOCS22, "16th IEEE/ACM International Symposium on Networks‑on‑Chip", 2022
* Special session chair: COINS22, "IEEE International Conference on Omni-Layer Intelligent Systems", 2022
* EU-Project Chair: CF'21, "18th ACM International Conference on Computing Frontiers", 2021
* Guest Editor: IEEE Journal on “Emerging and Selected Topics in Circuits and Systems”, 2020
* Guest Editor: “Elsevier Journal of Computers and Electrical Engineering Special Issue on: On-Chip Parallel and Network-Based Systems”, 2015 & 2016.
* General Chair: NoCArc 2018, International workshop on Network-on-Chip Architecture in MICRO, 2018.
* Program Chair: Speciall session on Interconnection Network for Deep Neural Networks in NOCS, 2019.
* Program Chair: OCPNBS, Special session on On-Chip Parallel and Network-Based Systems in PDP, 2015-2019.
* Program Chair: NoCArc, International workshop on Network-on-Chip Architecture in MICRO, 2015-2017.
* Program Chair: MES, International workshop on many-core embedded systems in ISCA, 2014 & 2015.
* Organizing Co-chair: PDP, Euromicro international conference on parallel, distributed, and network-based processing, 2015.
* Organizer: DRNoC, International Workshop on Dynamic Reconfigurable Network-on-Chip, 2014 & 2015.
* Organizer: HPIN, International Workshop on High Performance Interconnection Network, 2013 & 2014.
* Publicity Chair: NoCArc, 7th International Workshop on Network on Chip Architectures, 2014.
* Publicity Chair: COINS, IEEE International Conference on Omni-layer Intelligent systems, 2021.
TECHNICAL PROGRAM COMMITTEE:
* ASPLOS 2021 (ERC): International Conference on Architectural Support for Programming Languages and Operating Systems.
* DATE 2019: Design, Automation and Test in Europe.
* PDP 2019: Euromicro international conference on parallel, distributed, and network-based processing.
* ISCAS 2019: IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems
* DFT 2015-2018: International Symposium on Defect and Fault Tolerance in VLSI and Nanotechnology Systems
* DTIS 2014-2016: International Conference on Design and Technology of Integrated Systems
* DMCC 2015 & 2016: International Workshop on Dependable Many-Core Computing
* VLSI 2014 & 2015: VLSI Design & Embedded Systems Conference
* PDP 2013 & 2014 & 2015: Special Session On-Chip Parallel and Network-Based Systems
* CADS 2013 & 2015: CSI international symposium on computer architecture & digital designs
* NoCArc 2012-2014: International Workshop on Network on Chip Architectures
* AASC 2014: Workshop on Architecture-aware Simulation and Computing
* ANTIFRAGILE 2014: International Workshop on From Dependable to Resilient, from Resilient to Antifragile Ambients and Systems
* More: EUC 2013; MES 2013; NESEA 2012; etc.
* Panelist in the 14th international workshop on network on chip architectures (NoCArc), 2022.
* Invited Talk: Sharif University of Technology, Iran, 2022.
* Invited Talk: Women in Data Science (WIDS), Stockholm, 2021.
* Invited Talk: NIC Conference, Iran, 2021.
* Invited Talk: NIC Conference, Iran, 2020.
* Invited Talk: Fudan Universiry, China, 2019.
* Invited Talk: University of Toronto, Canada, 2017.
* Invited Talk: Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden, 2015.
* Invited Talk: TU Wien, Austria, 2014.
PHD THESIS REVIEWER/EXAMINER:
* I have served as an advanced reviewer, submitted by Boqian Wang, KTH, 2020.
* I served in a Ph.D. advisory committee of Maryam Seyyedhosseini, University of California Irvine, 2019.
* I have served as a Licentiate theis examiner, submitted by Nandinbaatar Tsog, Mälardalen University, 2019.
* I have served as a PhD thesis reviewer, submitted by Ke Lu, KTH, Dec. 2018.
* I have served in the PhD grading committee, submitted by Kunlong Yang, KTH, Oct. 2018.
* I have served as the external examiner of a PhD thesis submitted by Rimpy Bishnoi to MNIT Jaipur, India, 2015.
* I have served as the internal reviewer of a PhD thesis submitted by Awet Yemane to KTH, Sweden, 2015.
* HiPEAC 2017 paper award.
* Research award from Otto A. MALM, 2016.
* Research award from NOKIA, 2013.
* Research award from KAUTE, 2013.
* Research award from NOKIA, 2012.
* Research award from ELISA, 2011.
Membership in academies etc.
* IEEE senior member
* HiPEAC, European Network on High Performance and Embedded Architecture and Compilation
* AcademiaNet, the expert database for Outstanding Women in Academia
* IEEE Women in Engineering, Sweden section (role as an officer, 2018)
* Women in Computer Architecture (WICArch)
* ACM Women in Computing
* A member of Skolkollegium (school assemblies) at the EECS school, appointed 2020-03-31 - 2021-12-31.