The activities of G. Q. Maguire Jr. and his students.
The Computer Communication Systems lab (founded in 1995 -
terminated as a organizational unit 31 Dec. 2000; continued as a
logical unit) is concerned with computer
based communication in the broadest possible sense. We are concerned
- protocols: implementation, testing, performance measurements, ...
- interaction with those designing and building link and physical layer devices
- interaction with those designing and building application layer clients and services
- effects of mobility on computer communication - when to hide mobility and when to expose it
Formally the chair is described in the following Swedish:
Ämnet omfattar integrerade dator- och kommunikationssystem
för personlig databehandling och personalkomunikation, speciellt
trådlös kommunikation och effektiva implementerings
strategier. (Ref. nr 473/93).
Teknologie Doktor Students (Full-time)
Part-time Teknologie Doktor Student(s)
Full-time Licentiate Student(s)
Part-time Licentiate Student(s)
Undergraduate Students (projects): Civ. Ing., Diplom,
Kandidat, Civ. Ing. student project
The final thesis of some of these students are available from
and for other from
Tekn. Dr. Student(s)
- Roch H. Glitho
- successfully defended his licentiate "Managing SS7 Networks with OSI Systems Management" on 1996.08.29
- successfully defended his dissertation
"A Mobile Agent Based Service Architecture for Internet Telephony" on 2002.04.19
- formerly Editor-in-chief of IEEE Communications Surveys
- currently Editor-In-Chief of IEEE Communications Magazine
- Theo Kanter
- successfully defended his licentiate "Adaptive Personal Mobile
Communication" on 2000.03.06
- successfully defended his dissertation "Adaptive
Personal Mobile Communication -- Service Architecture
and Protocols" on 2001.12.14
- Researcher at Ericsson Research
- Joseph Mitola III
- successfully defended his licentiate "Cognitive
Radio: Model-Based Competence for Software Radios"
- successfully defended his doctorate "Cognitive
Radio: An Integrated Agent Architecture for Software Defined Radio"
- Expert on Software
- Consulting Scientist at Mitre Corporation
- George Yuejin Liu
- Participant in ERA's part of OnTheMove Project
- successfully defense his licentiate thesis,
"Efficient Mobility Management for Wireless Mobile
Computing and Communications, on 1995.05.11
- successfully defended his dissertation,
"The Effectiveness of a Full-Mobility Architecture for
Wireless Mobile Computing and Personal Communications",
- Became a Docent at KTH in 2000
- Formerly a Researcher at Ericsson Radio Systems AB,
2002-2004 professor of Information Networks at
- currently professor Institute of Information Engineering,
East China Jiaotong University (ECJTU)
Former Tekn. Lic. Student(s)
- Athanasios (Thanasis) Karapantelakis
- licentiate: Getting Personal: A Framework for
Context-Aware Services and System Design for Contemporary
Mobile Environments (defended 2011.05.31)
- Alisa Devlic
- licentiate: Context-addressed communication dispatch (defended 2009.05.29)
- Elisabetta Carrara
- Anne Ren
Functionality and design of mobile terminal artefacts
- As part of PCC's TRACK 3 (Services and User Behavior) WP1 Project
- licentiate proposal: "Smart Network and Terminal Frameworks for Supporting
Context-aware Mobile Personal Communications"
- successfully defended her licentiate "A Smart
Network and Terminal Framework for Supporting
Context-aware Mobile Internet and Personal
Communications" on 2002.12.02
- Bjarne Däcker, Tekn. Dr h c
- successfully defended his licentiate
"Concurrent Functional Programming for Telecommunications:
A Case Study of Technology Introduction" on 2000.10.06
- Research Manager, Computer Science Laboratory, Ericsson Utvecklings AB
- Ingvar Fröroth
- successfully defended licentiate "More than power down
the line" on 1999.06.01
- His research was sponsored by his employer - Vattenfall AB
- Juntong Liu
- successfully defended his licentiate
"A Network Architecture for highly integrated Access Points
for use by Multimedia Mobile Terminals"
- former participant in KTH's part of Media Project
- Member of the technical staff at Ericsson Telecom
Some of my former Civ. Ing. and Diplom Student(s) (projects)
- Ali Nesh-Nash, Voice over IP in a resource constrained environment
- Raúl García Hijes, Corporate Wireless IP Telephony, KTH/IMIT, 2005.
- Alessandro Sacchi, A motivation for text on RTP, KTH/IMIT, 2005.
- Johan Sverin, Voice Interface for a Mobile Audio Application, KTH/IMIT, 2005.
- Mia Immonen, SIGTRAN, KTH/IMIT, 2005.
- Carlos Marco Arranz, IP Telephony: Peer-to-peer versus SIP, KTH/IMIT, 2005.
- Inmaculada Rangel Vacas, Context Aware and Adaptive Mobile Audio, KTH/IMIT, 2005.
- Ignacio Sánchez Pardo, "Spatial Audio for the Mobile User", KTH/IMIT, 2005.
- Giulio Mola, "Vertical handoff optimization through policy based
management of IEEE 802.11b and GPRS interfaces", KTH/IMIT, 2004.
- Johan Bilien, "Key Agreement for Secure Voice over IP", KTH/IMIT, 2004.
- María José Parajón Domínguez, "Audio for Nomadic Users", KTH/IMIT, 2003.
- Israel Abad Caballero, "Secure Mobile VoIP", KTH/IMIT, 2003.
- Christoph Wolf, "Wearable Computing & Communication"
KTH + Technische Universität Graz, 2000.
- Elisabetta Carrara, "Wireless Adaptation of a security Management
Protocol Suite", KTH + University of Genoa, 1999.
- Andreas Schmidt, "An Accesspoint for Mobile Terminals: Support for
Simulation and Evaluation", KTH + Technische Universität Graz, 1998.
- Fredrik Broman and Fredrik Tarberg, "Implementation and Analyses
of the Mobile-IP Protocol", KTH, 1996.
- Pascal Guerin, "RadioNet Driver Implementation for the Mobile
INTernet Router", KTH/Teleinformatics+EURECOM Institute, 1994.
- Markus Oelhafen, "SNMP Application for the MINT Router",
KTH/Teleinformatics+EURECOM Institute, 1994.
An automatically generated list of publications is available from
G.Q.Maguire Jr. (email@example.com)
Last modified: 6 May 2013