Software expert and system manager at PDC-KTH
Operation & Support
I support users in the development of applications for scientific computing as well as to run their programs on our systems. This includes f.ex. questions around parallel programming and the scalable implementation of algorithms, performance optmizations and the use of GPU and Xeon Phi coprocessors.
My research interests are focused to parallel computing. These include
- Adaptive runtime systems
- Programming models like MPI, OpenMP, PGAS programming languages, hybrid parallel approaches
- Processor and system architectures, and their optimal use in numerical applications
Bachelor and Master Thesis Projects
Are you a student looking for a thesis project and interested in numerical mathematics or parallel computing? We offer thesis projects in which you can depending on your interests have a focus either on scientific computing or on computational science. You could develop numerical algorithms or work on the improvement of scientific simulation applications, f.ex. in the fields of Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD), Molecular Dynamics (MD), or Computational Chemistry. Alternatively, you could take part in the development of tools helping researchers to development simulation applications.
- EPiGRAM - Exascale ProGRAmming Models
- CRESTA - Collaborative Research into Exascale Systemware, Tools and Applications
- PRACE - Partnership for Advanced Computing in Europe (PRACE-1IP, PRACE-2IP, PRACE-3IP First, second and third implementation phase)
- SeRC - Swedish e-Science Research Centre : OpCoReS - Optimized Component Runtime System
- SNIC GPU Cluster Pilot Project
- Spring 2015: Performance Optimisation of Numerical Simulation Codes
- Fall 2014: Scientific Software Development Toolbox (some lectures about IPython, using make and debugging)
- DN2258: Introduction to High Performance Computing (PDC Summer School) - Lecture "Interconnection Networks" (2010 - 2014) and lecture plus lab "Introduction to CUDA" (2013, 2014)
- DD3015: Introduction to Programming with GPGPU and Applications in Scientific Computing
(Fall 2011, Fall 2012, Spring 2014)
- DD3326: Software Development Tools for Scientific Computing
(Spring 2010, Fall 2011)
- PDC GPU Compact Course: Introduction to GPU programming with CUDA
For information about master thesis projects look in the research section of this page, please.
- Analogical and Inductive Inference, International Workshop AII'89, Reinhardsbrunn, Germany.
- 3PGCIC 2010 - Fifth International Conference on P2P, Parallel, Grid, Cloud and Internet Computing, Fukuoka, Japan
(Program committe: Cluster and Grid Computing).
- IEEE AINA 2012 - 26th IEEE International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and Applications, Fukuoka, Japan
(Program committee: Grid, P2P and Scalable Computing).
- EOOPS 2013 - Engineering Object Oriented Parallel Software, Barcelona, Spain
(Program committee) , to be held in conjunction with IEEE AINA 2013 - 27th IEEE International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and Applications.
I write occasionally some unsorted and informal notes about technical issues that could be useful to keep.
Last change: 2014-09-27